Subcomponents of Technical Assistance and Capacity Building for Disaster Risk Management:
- Risk Assessment, Modeling and Capacity Enhancement of Uttarakhand Space Applications Centre (USAC).:- Developing risk information and Creating a ‘Digital Risk Database’ which comprises data and risk information for disaster events like earthquakes, floods, landslides, flash floods and Industrial hazards for the State of Uttarakhand.
- Slope stabilization study.:- Minimum rigorous impact of landslides on infrastructure and protect our habitation from large overflow in rivers during monsoon by treating and stabilizing active and prone slopes along with river training works.
- River morphology study.:- The objective of the morphological analysis is to identify vulnerable area (habitation, public or private infrastructure, agricultural land) where rivers pose threat from morphological changes from episodic events such as excessive rains, cloud bursts and large landslide in the state of Uttarakhand. It is also proposed to develop Uttarakhand River Information Management System (URMIS).
- Strengthening of the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority:- This will entail developing the institutional set up of the USDMA, technical enhancement of the facilities at the DMMC, training programs and regular drills for the emergency operations center staff and Disaster Management Officers at the District and State levels.
- Strengthening Emergency Response Capacity.:- This will focus on strengthening the capacity of the State’s Disaster Response Force (SDRF), fire services personnel and other immediate key response agencies in responding adequately to disaster situations through better search and rescue equipments and enhanced training.
- Strengthening Hydro-Meteorological Network and Early Warning System (EWS). :- Modernization of the Hydromet observation and information systems in the state. Preparation of DPR for instrumentation of surface equipments and preparation of BOQ and tender document for procurement.
- Decision Support System.:- The objective of this effort is to develop and deliver a scalable platform that can enables GoU to effectively prepare, mitigation, respond and recover from future emergencies in Uttarakhand.
- Risk Assessment,Modeling (approximate Rs 23.38 Cr for study & data procurement) 24 months : Final Inception Report was submitted by consultant on 23rd January 2017, it was approved by the PIU as it was submitted after incorporating all the suggestions made by the TTF members. Consultant have conducted district level meeting at Rudraprayag (2nd March), Pauri (3rd March) and Haridwar (8th March). A contract was signed with the IIT Roorkee on 16th February 2017 for the technical vetting of the reports submitted by the consultant under this study. A report on Summary of Data collated to Data and Assessment of suitability for the DRA Uttarakhand was submitted by consultant on 16th January 2017 and the same was sent to TTF members, World Bank experts and Vetting agency i.e. IIT Roorkee for review on 16 February 2017. A report on Typologies and Vulnerability Functions and costs applied into the DRA Uttarakhand was submitted by consultant on 13th February 2017 and the same was sent to TTF members, World Bank experts and Vetting agency i.e. IIT Roorkee for review on 16 February 2017. A meeting with the TTF members and IIT Roorkee experts held on 07th March, 2017 for presenting both the reports and comments on both the reports were submitted to the consultant on 08th March 2017. During this period consultant have collected economic data of state, conducted building vulnerability field surveys and completed a longitudinal rapid survey of the MFT from Chandigarh to Tanakpur.
- Slope stabilization study (approximate Rs 1.32 Cr) 18 Month: A contract was signed with the THDC India Ltd on 20th February 2017 for the technical vetting of the DPR’s, Design, Tender document and other reports submitted by the consultant under this study. On the same day all five DPR were submitted by the WAPCOS Ltd to PIU were sent to THDC for the technical vetting.A meeting held at THDC India Ltd Rishikesh Office on 01st March 2017, in that meeting consultant have presented all the five DPR. Experts from THDC India Ltd made a site visit to the four slide located at the Rudraprayag from 02nd to 05th March 2017.On 24th March 2017, THDC India Ltd have submitted comments/suggestions on all the five DPR.
- River Morphology Study (approximate Rs 13.58 Cr) 22 Month: A contract was signed with the IRI, Roorkee on 16th February 2017 for the technical vetting of the DPR’s, Design, Morphological Models other reports submitted by the consultant under this study.Plate load test at two location and bank material sampling along the rivers and there laboratory analysis were done during this quarter. Draft Data Collection and Survey report for Phase- II was submitted on 06th March 2017 and this report was sent to TTF members on 08th March 2017 for the review.Draft DPR for Sonprayag area was submitted by the consultant on 25th July 2016 and revised report was submitted on 14.12.2016, comments on this report were submitted to consultant on 06.02.2017. After incorporating the comments/suggestions of TTF members consultant have submitted revised report on 28.03.2017.Draft DPR for Sitapur area was submitted by the consultant on 14.12.2016 and comments on this report were submitted to consultant on 06.02.2017. After incorporating the comments/suggestions of TTF members consultant have submitted revised report on 28.03.2017. .
- Strengthening of the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority: Draft Rules for USDMA were prepared in line with Disaster Management Act 2005. The Rules and structure of USDMA were presented to the Hon’ble Cabinet.The Hon’ble Cabinet has approved the structure for USDMA; GO is awaited
- Strengthening Emergency Response Capacity: Procurement of S&R equipments amounting INR 20.39 Cr has been done for SDRF Phase -I & II. Demonstrations for all equipments proposed under SDRF Phase-III for 16 packages have been completed.The list of the packages to be procured under phase-III of Procurement of search & Rescue Equipments have been finalized for an estimated value of INR 24.08 Cr and has been sent to WB for NOL.
- Decision Support System (approximate Rs 15.00 Cr) 18 Month: • REOI for Design, Development, and Operation of Modular Decision Support System for Disaster Risk Management was published in two national newspapers on 08th March 2017, and the same was published in UDRI official website. Last date of receipt of the proposals was 28th March 2017.
- Strengthening Hydro-Meteorological Network and Early Warning System (approximate Rs 2.46 Cr) 21 Months: The state Government has envisaged installing of AWS and ARG at 95 Blocks and Snow Gauges. Specification and BOQ for AWS, ARG, Snow Gauges and IT system are finalized.For procuring above said instruments an NIT was published in the website and national newspapers on 06th March 2017.A pre-bid meeting held on the 20th March 2017.