Subcomponents of Technical Assistance and Capacity Building for Disaster Risk Management:
- Risk Assessment, Modeling and Capacity Enhancement of Uttarakhand Space Applications Centre (USAC).:- Developing risk information and Creating a ‘Digital Risk Database’ which comprises data and risk information for disaster events like earthquakes, floods, landslides, flash floods and Industrial hazards for the State of Uttarakhand.
- Slope stabilization study.:- Minimum rigorous impact of landslides on infrastructure and protect our habitation from large overflow in rivers during monsoon by treating and stabilizing active and prone slopes along with river training works.
- River morphology study.:- The objective of the morphological analysis is to identify vulnerable area (habitation, public or private infrastructure, agricultural land) where rivers pose threat from morphological changes from episodic events such as excessive rains, cloud bursts and large landslide in the state of Uttarakhand. It is also proposed to develop Uttarakhand River Information Management System (URMIS).
- Strengthening of the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority:- This will entail developing the institutional set up of the USDMA, technical enhancement of the facilities at the DMMC, training programs and regular drills for the emergency operations center staff and Disaster Management Officers at the District and State levels.
- Strengthening Emergency Response Capacity.:- This will focus on strengthening the capacity of the State’s Disaster Response Force (SDRF), fire services personnel and other immediate key response agencies in responding adequately to disaster situations through better search and rescue equipments and enhanced training.
- Strengthening Hydro-Meteorological Network and Early Warning System (EWS). :- Modernization of the Hydromet observation and information systems in the state. Preparation of DPR for instrumentation of surface equipments and preparation of BOQ and tender document for procurement.
- Decision Support System.:- The objective of this effort is to develop and deliver a scalable platform that can enables GoU to effectively prepare, mitigation, respond and recover from future emergencies in Uttarakhand.
- Seismic Assessment of Public Buildings in Uttarakhand.:- An overall goal of increasing the State Disaster Resilience capacity to be able to increase safety during the times of Disasters, this project aims to ensure seismic safety of all key life line buildings and schools in Uttarakhand.
- Risk Assessment,Modeling (approximate Rs 23.38 Cr for study & data procurement) 24 months : All the main Institutes/Department/Organization of the state has been identified and visited by the consultant team and started collecting data important for the study.The data obtained from the different sources will be processed and added to the database that will develop to the DRDB (Disaster Risk Data Base) of the project. Consultant experts had already conducted various field surveys and investigations to collect primary data and developed plan to collect building and structures typologies data of the state and started doing socio-economic survey required to assess the social vulnerability of the state. A mobile applications has been developed that will support the field staff during the main survey. This application will also be useful for crowd sourcing of data after the field surveys have been concluded.
- Slope stabilization study (approximate Rs 1.32 Cr) 18 Month: A contract was signed with the THDC India Ltd on 20th February 2017 for the technical vetting of the DPR’s, Design, Tender document and other reports submitted by the consultant under this study. On the same day all five DPR were submitted by the WAPCOS Ltd to PIU were sent to THDC for the technical vetting.A meeting held at THDC India Ltd Rishikesh Office on 01st March 2017, in that meeting consultant have presented all the five DPR. Experts from THDC India Ltd made a site visit to the four slide located at the Rudraprayag from 02nd to 05th March 2017.On 24th March 2017, THDC India Ltd have submitted comments/suggestions on all the five DPR.
- River Morphology Study (approximate Rs 13.58 Cr) 22 Month:In Phase I of the project, 45 vulnerable reaches of the five rivers i.e. Alaknanda, Bhagirathi, Mandakini, Dhauliganga and Kali have been identified through rapid assessments made in the field and preliminary analyses of satellite and other relevant data. Detailed morphological studies of the rivers is being carried out in Phase II to finalize the critical vulnerable reaches and to aid the designs of the flood control and river training works or bank stabilization measures. The study will be based on detailed analysis of hydrological data, hydraulic data, satellite images, and mathematical and geometrical modeling. The Consultant has submitted DPR for Devlibagar and Briahi (Both are in Alknanda River) for flood protection works and river training measures and other DPR are under preparation. The Consultant has submitted reports on Criteria for selecting locations for collecting bank and bed material sampling, Identification of Vulnerable Reaches, Data Collection and Survey report.
- Strengthening of the Uttarakhand State Disaster Management Authority: Draft Rules for USDMA were prepared in line with Disaster Management Act 2005. The Rules and structure of USDMA were presented to the Hon’ble Cabinet.The Hon’ble Cabinet has approved the structure for USDMA; GO is awaited
- Strengthening Emergency Response Capacity: Procurement of S&R equipments amounting INR 20.39 Cr has been done for SDRF Phase -I & II. Demonstrations for all equipments proposed under SDRF Phase-III for 16 packages have been completed.The list of the packages to be procured under phase-III of Procurement of search & Rescue Equipments have been finalized for an estimated value of INR 24.08 Cr and has been sent to WB for NOL.
- Decision Support System (approximate Rs 15.00 Cr) 18 Month: • REOI for Design, Development, and Operation of Modular Decision Support System for Disaster Risk Management was published in two national newspapers on 08th March 2017, and the same was published in UDRI official website. Last date of receipt of the proposals was 28th March 2017.
- Strengthening Hydro-Meteorological Network and Early Warning System (approximate Rs 2.46 Cr) 21 Months: The state Government has envisaged installing of AWS and ARG at 95 Blocks and Snow Gauges. Specification and BOQ for AWS, ARG, Snow Gauges and IT system are finalized.For procuring above said instruments an NIT was published in the website and national newspapers on 06th March 2017.A pre-bid meeting held on the 20th March 2017.
- Rapid Visual Screening (RVS)(approximate Rs 3.10 Cr ) • Rapid Visual Screening (RVS) of more than 11000 public building have been completed till date. Simplified Vulnerability Assessment (SVA), Detail Vulnerability Assessment (DVA) and retrofitting plan of 90 Health building (154 Total Blocks) is under progress.Consultant have submitted SVA & DVA report for four building on 16th October, these reports are under review.